20101125

The fall foliage


I went to see the fall foliage to Takao-san (Mt.Takao is about 1hour30 train-ride from Tokyo) when its peak color.
Gingko, Maple, Oak..... Red, Orange, Yellow.... All the colorful leaves are amazing nature creation which human can't make it.

That was first time I went to Takao-san, it was abot 2hours slow walking with my family.
Enjoying with fall foliage with having pleasant sweat walking.
To see the fall foliage is called Momiji-gari which means Leaf-viewing.
It is started since ancient times. Enjoying changes of the seasons is definitely one of our culture.      
Takao-san was full of people all the way to the top.
However, It was the only time we could see this colorful foliage as the perfect timing this year, so many people came to the same place at the same time !
I think it's wonderful thing Japanese people still enjoying our old culture.

A friend who lives in Seattle sent some pictures, there are snow snow snow on the picture...
It seems like long winter has already started.
A friend who lives in Sydney Australia starts enjoying hot weather.
Earth is very interesting planet ! 

After the fall foliage season, Winter is coming.
Changes of the seasons are very quick.
I will keep enjoying and discovering new changes !!

Enjoy the seasons wherever you are on this planet !!


6 comments:

2cats said...

Hi Erie,
I just found your blog by accident, and your photos are so pretty! I'm bookmarking your site, I hope that's OK.
Also, it would be great if you could join us over at Show Me Japan, if you don't mind. I think many people would enjoy your images of Japan.
Here's the link: Show Me Japan issue 2.
Thank you and have a great weekend!
Anna

Erie said...

Anna,
Thank you for finding me and bookmarking my blog! I always welcome visitors,it would be great spreading my thoughts and pictures to more people. So! I will figure out more about Show me Japan, then will link and post soon!!! Good idea Anna-san !! Arigato !! :)
erie

2cats said...

Hi Erie!
Thank you so much!
The new issue of Show Me Japan will open for adding links tomorrow (Friday, December 3rd) at 1AM and will stay open until Sunday 11PM.
I am so happy you can join us!
:)
Take care,
Anna

2cats said...

Hi Erie,
it's so nice you could join us!
Here almost all the leaves are already on the ground and the trees are bare. Winter is definitely coming!
Have a lovely weekend!
Anna

Yoshi said...

Hi Erie,
Thank you for participating in "Show Me Japan".
Your photos are stunning and breathtaking. Autumn is definitely the season to fully enjoy what Japan has to offer! I haven't been to Mt. Takao, however, after going through your entry, I am convinced that I should visit there in the future.
Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend.
Yoshi.

Erie said...

Hi,Yoshi
Thank you for your comment.
Yes, I realized how beautiful Japanese fall is. Since i was living other countries last couple years, I couldn't really see those Japanese beauty... It's the time to share Japanese beauty to people in the world. so I love your Show me Japan project !! spread Show me Japan to the world!! :) erie