20090101

A brand-new year has just begun !


In Japan, there are many superstition for a new year.

Seeing the new year's first sunrise is one of a joyous events and one of a superstitions, it is believed to bring good luck in Japan.
This morning, I was woken up around 5:30 by my dad.
And all my family members went to see the snrise.
There are already so many people waiting the sunrise at the scenic coastline.
Today was a perfect wheather, very clear air and not many clouds.
We saw the first sunrise from little fishing harbor. It was really beautiful.
On a new year's eve, I went out to a shrine by myself after the midnight.
So many people were standing in a long line to pray for happiness and good health in the coming year.

My old friend was playing a Japanese drum on a stage of the shrine, the traditional lion dance was also performed on the same stage.
It was really Japanese traditional new year which I haven't had in years.
I was just happy watched many people in there... nowadays, many traditional culture or customs are changing with times but on New Year's day, you'll see many people (all generations) still enjoy their culture.
I enjoyed drinking free sweet alcoholic AMASAKE on the way home with many happy thoughts. (Drinking AMASAKE is also to wish for the safety of their families and success in business.)
What a good time....
It's a good start for my 2009, It's a beginning of another year !
2009 will be a good year.

However, I can't forget right now many countries in this world are in suffering from war, severe food shortages, economic gap etc.... I'll try to make a difference from myself more in 2009... I believe little things also can make a change !
I hope this new year will bring EVERYONE in this world good luck and happiness.
Lots Love
In peace

No comments: