20080624

my HASHI “chopsticks” case


Yesterday, I got a sweet present from my friend Satoko.
It was pretty handsewn chopsticks case with original embroidery on it. It embroidered Sun of the peace mark, Mt.Fuji and a wave. it's very pretty.

Speaking about waste disposable chopsticks, annual use of waste disposable chopsticks in Japan is $25 billion and annual consumption per person 200 sets. Those waste disposable chopsticks are imported 97% , about 90% come from China.

Producing disposable chopsticks has led deforestation, eliminating 30 hectare of forest a minute, 14 thousand hectare are lost annually in the world.

Forests play a vital role in the earth's ecosystem. They are essential for maintaining healthy soil and water, and reducing greenhouse gases. And the chopsticks used mildew-proofing agent and bleach, so using my own chopsticks is also healthy for us !

There is called My Hashi (chopsticks) project in Japan. Using my own HASHI is the one we can be earth-conscious .

I carry my own chopsticks around instead of having to waste disposable chopsticks. so she made my chopsticks case. It was BIG present.... she sewed each stitches thinking of me !

Satoko is Remaker. She makes little things with used clothes. This is the one thing she is trying living environmentally friendly. Everything she makes shown her warm heart . I look forward to her future... she makes many people happy with her arts !

Let's enjoy living environmentally friendly !

No comments: